Keto Pumpkin Pudding
Rich creamy pumpkin pie in a cup is how I describe this dessert. With real pumpkin and a touch of vanilla, it's a perfect end to a light meal. The base is similar to a traditional pudding made with hot milk, cornstarch and spices. Here we use cream, pumpkin, spices, eggs, vanilla, sweetener and xanthan gum as the thickener in place of cornstarch. What makes this pudding so light is a mixture of whipping cream, sweetener, and vanilla that's folded into the chilled pumpkin mixture to create a fluffy body somewhat like a light mousse. You'll never go back to regular pudding again. Who thought that Keto desserts could be so sweet?
Pudding Base Mixture
- 1/3 cup granulated stevia/erythritol blend
- 1 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 medium egg yolks
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- Pinch of salt
Whipping Cream Mixture
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 Tbsp. granulated stevia/erythritol blend
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- In a medium saucepan combine the sweetener, xanthan gum, pumpkin spice, and salt with a whisk until smooth.
- Add pumpkin puree, yolks, and vanilla extract to the dry ingredients. Stir until thoroughly combined. Gradually add in the whipping cream, whisking between each addition. Once all of the cream has been added, bring the mixture to medium heat.
- Heat the pudding mixture, whisking constantly until the mixture thickens, about 4-7 minutes. When thickened, remove from heat and transfer into a bowl. Place the bowl in the fridge, removing to stir every 10 minutes.
- While the base mixture is cooling in the fridge, in a medium bowl, beat 1 cup whipping cream with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Add sweetener and vanilla extract and beat just until combined.
- Once the base mixture has cooled to room temperature, carefully fold the whipped cream mixture into the pudding base until fully incorporated.
- Transfer the pudding into small serving containers, cover, and then place in the fridge for at least 1-2 hours before serving.
Adapted from Ruled.Me
Adapted from Ruled.Me
The Keto Diet Recipe Cafe http://ketocooking.club/