Low Carb Crab Bisque
Enjoy this rich and delicious crab soup on a cold day! It's low carb and keto diet friendly with only 2g of carbs and 10g of fat.
1 hr 5 min
1 hr 5 min
- 1 Cup Onion, Minced
- 1 Cup Carrot, Minced
- 2 (10 1/2 Ounce) Cans Chicken Broth
- 4 Tablespoons Flour
- 6 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 Cup Cooking Sherry
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- Fresh Chives Minced
- 1/2 Pound Crab Meat
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Sauté onion and carrot in 2 tablespoons butter until soft. Set aside.
- In 4 quart saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons butter and add flour, whisking constantly over medium heat until roux becomes light brown (about 5 minutes). Slowly add chicken broth, whisking constantly to ensure mixture stays smooth. Add onions and carrots, cover, and simmer for 1/2 hour.
- Add cream, sherry, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne pepper, salt, and lobster or crab and simmer an additional 5 to 10 minutes. Garnish with fresh minced chives if desired.
The Keto Diet Recipe Cafe http://ketocooking.club/
Originally posted 2018-09-23 06:12:32.