Low Carb Eggnog
This sugar free eggnog drink is made using low carb ingredients including almond milk and a sugar-free sweetener. It’s perfect for a keto diet, and you can enjoy it with or without alcohol.
- 2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 3/4 Cup Powdered Erythritol Sweetener
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Separate the egg yolks from the whites. In a bowl, stir the egg yolks until smooth. Set aside the egg whites.
- Add almond milk, heavy cream, powdered erythritol, and beaten egg yolks to a saucepan, and place over medium-low heat.
- Stir together the ingredients until the mixture reaches 160 F, about 10 minutes, stirring almost constantly. The mixture should not be hot enough to simmer.
- Remove the saucepan from heat. Add vanilla extract, nutmeg, and cinnamon, and whisk until spices are well-mixed. Let stand to cool, and then refrigerate for at least a few hours or overnight to chill.
- When the eggnog is chilled, give it a stir and pour in individual glasses. Top with additional nutmeg and garnish with cinnamon sticks.
- Optionally for a foamier drink: Use a hand mixer to beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Add as much of the foamy egg whites as desired by stirring with the chilled eggnog, and serve.
- Optionally for an alcoholic drink: Add desired alcohol to each serving glass, and pour the chilled eggnog over it, stirring a bit.
The Keto Diet Recipe Cafe http://ketocooking.club/
For More Great Recipes Like This One Visit Savory Tooth